There are many names to denote the period of days covering menstruation and immediately preceding period. There are many names and much folklore about this biological moment of the woman repeated month after month from 13 years to 50 average. Of course belonging to the feminine universe and, between us, we understand instantly what happens and how we feel. I say “I’m in those days,” another woman makes automatically empathize with a series of physical and emotional responses that you know.
Of course for men it is not so easy to understand. They just can not feel it. Therefore, from ignorance or misunderstanding, labeled premenstrual syndrome or discomfort of menstruation as a semi-hysterical and exaggerated trait, or a resource to flee sexual relationship or anything else that does not feel like doing.
However, gentlemen, this exists and has a wide range, from minor annoyances to have to stay in bed and take medication.
How can they help or understand? Inquiring.
What is PMS
The week prior to menstruation can cause physical and emotional discomfort in your partner that disappear two or three days after the bleeding started. These annoyances are broadly and with different intensity, the following
· Physical symptoms
2. Breast tenderness
4. Muscle aches
5. Joint pain
6. Tiredness and lack of energy
8. Sleep disturbances
· Emotional symptoms
3. Negative Thoughts
4. Mood swings
5. Distrust and jealousy
8. Lack of concentration
When, on a scale from 1 to 10, all these symptoms, or those that affect your partner, come to an intensity of 8.9 and 10, we can speak of an acute PMS or Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. In this case the discomfort is not bearable at all and may even cause absenteeism and mass consumption of analgesics and anti-inflammatories.
That is, hormonal changes during these days do affect women. That does not make us less able or we become witches, but does explain our possible mood swings and some other things. Not all women are affected in the same way or with the same intensity. Some will simply take care of personal hygiene and continue with their routines, including sexual, no problems. Others, they miss work and locked in a room in semi-darkness not wanting to hear anything. Many, in the middle, their discomfort and days “blue” as something familiar and inevitable with what they have learned to live will endure.
What I can do to help my partner in “those days”?
The first thing you have to do is get to know your partner. Know what range of discomfort is, if it affects a lot or a little. Do not be afraid to ask. Guessing is the worst thing you can do because you can prejudge and think that the explanation lies an anger there, when it has nothing to do. Suffer PMS but not the explanation for our emotional and physical states.
When you know what affects your girl this time in the month, you can take some precautions and practices that will help a little. Or that help both her feel better and you understand and deal with the issue.
1. During these days is good that you are sensitive to his moods and understand that can be caused by PMS. But mind you, you have to differentiate. PMS usually sharpens a sadness or concern but not the cause. Your partner may be more sensitive but not invent things.
2. The sexual theme can be uncomfortable because you feel sore or is reluctant bleeding. You may find it a taboo subject because there are many myths and folklore about it. You may feel “dirty”. First you have to see that you cause yourself intercourse during menstruation. If you are not happy, tell tactfully and love. If it pleases you, ask her how she feels about it. If the answer is “no”, do not insist.
3. Help him feel better physically. Try to rest a little more than usual, you might need a nap in the middle of the day or do not feel like cooking and ordering a pizza is a good idea. Remind him that it is better to reduce the intake of caffeine, salt, refined sugars and snuff.
4. If your discomfort is very large, suggest you make an appointment with your gynecologist to rule out any problems and receive adequate care.
It is simple. We can give birth to children and to this end, we are biologically designed with this discarding of unfertilized eggs. All we live and we all know what we mean. It is well that men also know what we mean, after all, this is an aspect of the world of the couple.